The Tool Shed have delivered 7 tables and a former church pew to they're new home in Bootle town Centre. So if you find yourself in the Strand and fancy a coffee then nip into North Perk and support the YKids charity coffee shop.
YKids was established in 1998 to provide a range of services to the youngsters in Bootle and North Perk has been set up by YKids as a social enterprise that will reinvest the income generated into the wider work of the charity.
YKids provides a range of services that are transforming the lives of young people within the area. North Perk is there high quality coffee shop that offers a range of delicious snacks and meals by day and a centre for targeted youth projects in the evening.
Total Reuse CIC was commissioned to remanufacture tables, a custom pew and a bespoke shelving unit using timbers salvaged from a local demolition site and derelict buildings. The tables include timbers that are over 100 years old. The pine tops feature the pure natural character of timber that is at least 130 years old, characteristics that cannot be copied. They are from the floor of St Cyprian's Church in Edge Hill, Liverpool whose foundation stone was laid by Charles Groves Esq on Sep 3rd 1881.
The side and end rails are from the demolished Victorian terraced properties off Hawthorne Road and were the floorboards from Staley Street. The table legs are a bit younger and were salvaged from St Wilfred's Secondary Modern School which was officially opened by the Archbishop of Liverpool - Dr William Godfrey on 5th July 1954, and consigned to the history books in December 2012 when the ground was levelled and grassed over. The following pictures show various stages of the manufacturing process. To obtain a copy of the leaflet detailing the North Perk furniture simply click on the leaflet at the bottom of the page and it will open a PDF version that you can print and keep.